Monday, May 19, 2008

Connections

About 4 months ago, I'd spend my weekends up in LA and would rush home as early but as late as possible back to San Diego on Sunday nights. And as I laid reading The Black Prince (at Joaquin's house...) I realized that it was Sunday and I was hanging out in LA, with no need to rush home to San Diego.

I am here, living in LA and my life has so definitively changed and won't ever be the same. I have a home here. It's filled with stuff I've chosen. In my practice to enjoy the moment, I haven't spent much time looking back. When I do, I sometimes feel overwhelmed with a sense of melancholy and sometimes with excitement at the sheer realization of how much my life has changed. Forever. And everyday, it's different and so I am.

Twice today, I talked about God. I had a meeting and there was this woman who was so odd looking. Lovette and I kind of giggled with amazement of how each of is so unique. How can it be that each and every person and object is beautifully original, how could there not be some form of magic at play in creation? Hugo and I talked about the very same thing over an Argentine dinner and sangria. Hugo's addition to my and Lovette's conversation was that when people move so fast, they don't take time to notice the flowers, or the sky, or the moon, that's when they lose faith in a higher being.

He also said "yoke" instead of "joke."

1 comment:

pau said...

I'm so happy to hear about the forward movement and this beautiful life you are creating. :)