Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Man Boss

One of my new bosses is Edwin.

The other day, I was debriefing him about a meeting I went to on his behalf. We were supposed to be at the meeting together at 2:00. He called me at 1:00 to say that he couldn't make it but he had all the confidence that I could be the lead... So, I'm telling him about the meeting and about 10 minutes into it- he stops me. "Raquel, I'm missing something from you. I need you to listen to this and let it sink in for a few seconds. I am not getting any enthusiasm from you. I need some enthusiasm."

"Uh, well, I'm focused. I'm trying to concentrate on what I'm telling you. This is serious for me..."

"Raquel, you're not hearing me. I need some enthusiasm. I'm serious about the work too, but I still show enthusiasm. Let me say it again and this time let it sink in for a couple of seconds... Raquel, I need you to show me some enthusiam. Now let that sink in... One one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand... I don't know if that lack of enthusiasm is a Latina thing, but we need to work on it."

"Hmm, well, ok..."

(this is for real)

2 comments:

pau said...

Did your eyes bug out like mine did when he got to the "Latina" part? Assmuncher.

RaQ said...

make sure you say it like this though:
la (with short a)- tee- nuh